About

Union Christian Church was officially organized on June 13, 1853 with 42 charter members. The congregation met in homes for roughly the first year; until a modest building could be erected in early 1855. Land was donated and several generous donations were made in 1869 when a new building was built and dedicated debt free at the southeast corner of 300 South and Nineveh Road. That structure housed a school on the ground floor with an auditorium upstairs that included two spiral staircases to enter. This building served the needs of the congregation for the next 91 years.
A house was built about a 1/4 mile east of the church in 1930 to be used as the church parsonage and is still utilized today. In 1960, to the east of the parsonage but on that same parcel of property, the current church building was dedicated for service and remains today.

We  believe that each person is important in the community of faith, and that Union is a great place to establish a church home. Through loving and caring friendships, we have grown together by God’s establishment of this congregation in this place by the power of the Holy Spirit, and we use the life and ministry of Jesus Christ as our guide.

Views: 1874